As a charity the team is staffed entirely by volunteers, and relies upon the generosity and support of the public. All funds go towards running the team which includes maintaining and operating four vehicles, purchasing essential equipment, and attending training courses, to ensure members develop skills and hold relevant and in date qualifications. Here are some ways you can help the team.
- Organise a fund raising event (race night, raffle, quiz night, disco, dinner night, golf day, duck race, concert)
- Enter a sponsored event (mud run, sponsored climb, run in a marathon,)
- Participate in a team fundraiser like the Belfast Hills Walking Festival or Broughshane Run.
- Buy a piece of equipment (rather than donate money – purchase helmets, stretcher, bandages, splints or ropes)
- Sponsor the team through services (rather than donate money – provide a facility to host a course)
- Make a donation at one of our six annual street collections, or online at www.justgiving.com/nwmrt, or text NWMR22 followed by amount to 70070, ie NWMR22 £10
- Host a static collection box in a shop, club or pub (boxes available from team)
- Individual or corporate sponsorship (sponsor a team member for their clothing and/or equipment, or sponsor a team event – contact email@example.com for further details)
In an emergency or if you get into difficulties
call 112 or 999.
Ask for POLICE and then MOUNTAIN RESCUE